3 eggs, separated
3 tablespoons cream cheese
1/4 teaspoon baking powder (or cream of tartar) Optional:
1 tablespoon of honey (or a natural sweetener)
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F. Meanwhile, separate the eggs, removing the yolk from the white. 2. In one bowl, mix the egg yolks, cream cheese and honey until smooth.
3. In the second bowl, add 1/4 teaspoon baking powder (or cream of tartar if using) to the whites and beat the whites on high speed until they are fluffy, with firm peaks. The egg whites should have a whipped cream consistency.
4. Then, fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites carefully and slowly, retaining, as much as possible the fluffiness of the egg whites. Do not let the mixture melt.
5. Spoon the mixture into 10-12 even rounds on a baking sheet and sprinkle with rosemary (if using) and put in the oven.
6. Bake the bread for 17 to 20 minutes on the middle rack, then broil for 1 minute until they be- come golden brown.
7. Remove from the oven, leave to cool and enjoy.
Storage: Cloud bread may be stored in a container for three days on the counter and seven days in the refrigerator. It can also be stored in the freezer. Enjoy! This guilt-free treat works great as a hamburger bun or sandwich bread. You can toast it and enjoy with jam for a morning treat.