·1/4 cup all-purpose flour
·1/4 cup white whole-wheat flour
·3 large eggs
·1/3 cup canned pumpkin
·1 teaspoon vanilla extract
·4 tablespoons coconut sugar
·4 tablespoons unsalted butter
·3 Bosc pears, peeled and thinly sliced (about 4 1/2 cups)·
·2/3 cup roughly chopped walnuts
· 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
· 1 teaspoon orange zest
· 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
· 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Place a 10-inch cast-iron skillet in oven; preheat to 450°F. (Do not remove skillet while oven heats.) Blend milk, flours, eggs, pumpkin, vanilla, and 2 tablespoons of the coconut sugar in a blender until smooth.
2. Remove skillet from oven. Place 2 tablespoons of the butter in skillet; swirl skillet until butter melts. Add batter. Bake until pancake is just set and top is dry, 12 to 14 minutes.
3. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a separate skillet over high heat. Add pears and walnuts; cook, stirring occasionally, until pears are caramelized, about 2 minutes. Add pumpkin pie spice, orange zest, orange juice, salt, and remaining 2 tablespoons coconut sugar. Cook, stirring constantly, until pears are coated. Top Dutch baby with pear mixture.